Friday, February 5, 2010

About to Fall Asleep

This will be short post because I'm incredibly tired, and I can't really focus on anything. Plus, I'm so tired, it's kind of hard to type. I'm so happy it's the weekend, and I can sleep in tomorrow!

We got our tests back in world history today. I got a B (88% I think it was). Everyone else was talking about how hard the test was, but I didn't think it was that bad. Maybe because I'm the only kid in the class who reads the chapter. The teacher actually talked to us about that today. He said he was really irritated because we signed up for an AP class, but we aren't willing to read the chapter.

I managed to finish my drawing for art. Yay.

We watched a video about ultrasounds in child development. It was pretty neat. The showed ultrasounds of unborn babies at only about a month or two old, and they were jumping up and down inside their moms and stuff. The video also talked about how many people aren't informed when they get an abortion. They don't realize how developed the baby is already at just a few months, and when they find out later they regret the abortion. The interviewed people who've had abortions and regret it now. It was really sad.

After that, we worked on scrapbook pages. We're making scrapbook pages using a baby picture of ourselves. Once we're done, we're going to hang them up, so people can guess who's who.

We took two quizzes in Spanish. One was a pop quiz and the other we knew about. I think I did pretty well on both.

Pretty much all we did in English was go over vocab and take a test over the part of I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings that we read. I think I did pretty good on the test.

I read chapter 8 of A Not-So-Silent Night by Verlyn D. Verbugge yesterday. It been over a week since I'd read any of it. I've had so much homework lately! It was an interesting chapter (they all are). It talked about how we always picture the choir of angels who sang at Jesus' birth as this heavenly choir, but if you look at the Greek version they use the word army to describe the angels. He says that it symbloizes how Jesus birth began a war, and these angels would be fighting in this war (against demons). It was pretty interesting.

That ended up being longer than I planned. I guess I just started typing and couldn't stop.

Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment