I'm a big Disney fan. Most kids watch Disney movies growing up, but I doubt I'm ever going to outgrow my childhood completely. I still get in sentimental moods where I go back and re-watch shows and movies I loved when I was little (and, I'll admit it) still love today. Disney is at the top of the list of movies I loved as a kids. In this post, I'm talking about my favorite Disney villians, in no particular order.
1. Scar from The Lion King. The Lion King is one of my all time favorite movies. It would probably make any top disney post in some form or another. "Be Prepared" is one of my favorite Disney songs. Scar is just awesomely evil. I hate him.
2. Ursula from The Little Mermaid. I have a love hate relationship with The Little Mermaid. There are things about it I love and things I absolutely hate. Ursula is one of the things I love. She's a wonderful villian, and I love the song "Poor Unfortunate Souls." (Can you tell that I typically love songs sung by the villian?)
3. Jafar from Aladdin. Jafar is one Disney villian that actually creeped me out as a kid. He terrified me. He just looks evil and creepy to me.
4. Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty. I'm actually not a huge fan of Sleeping Beauty, but Maleficent used to scare me to death. She looks like a stereotypical witch with her green face and horns. I think that may have been one of my reasons for hating the movie in the first place.
5. The Queen from Snow White. I was just as terrifed as her as I was of Maleficent. I also wasn't a huge Snow White fan, and again, I think it might have been because of my fear of the Queen.
6. Cruella De Vil from 101 Dalmations. She also scared me a bit. The thought of killing dogs to turn them into fur coats was absolutely terrifying to me as a kid. (It would be now too if I actually heard of it happening.)
7. Captain Hook from Peter Pan. Captain Hook didn't scare me as a kid. In fact, I found him funny. I was always really amused, and I remember thinking that he was really stupid. I loved him and Mr. Smee.
8. Gaston from Beauty and the Beast. Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie of all time. Gaston always annoyed me. Other than the fact that he tries to kill the Beast, I've always hated arrogant people and his constant attempts to get Belle to marry him annoy me. I do like the song they sing in the pub.
I think those are my picks for top Disney villians. Some were chosen because I thought they were amusing and others because they actually scared me as a kid, but all of them are the most memorable villians to me. What are your favorite Disney villians?