I'm someone who's favorite song changes constantly. My list never stays the same even from day to day. I do have a larger group of songs that my current favorites are all a part of, and my current favorites tend to cycle through again and again. So I guess it's not entirely changing, but it's not a set list by any means, much less so than say my favorite books or movies. That being said, here are my top five favorite songs right at this moment.
1. Wings by Little Mix. This is actually the most stable song on the list. Wings has been my number one song since it came out in 2012 and I became a Little Mix fan. I loved it during the summer when I first heard it, but that fall is when it really solidified as my favorite in a way that's managed to keep it there so far. That was the year I started college, and I wound up getting incredibly home sick for the first month. I listened to this song on repeat and almost nothing except this song for that entire time period.
2. Where Do Broken Hearts Go by One Direction. About half or so of One Direction's songs rotate through my favorites on a regular basis, but this one has managed to stay my favorite One Direction song pretty much nonstop for more than a year now. It actually wasn't when that album first came out, but for some reason, I had an epiphany one time while listening to it and decided I hadn't been appreciating the song as much as I should have been. Now I listen to it more than any other One Direction song.
3. I Don't Need a Man by Miss A. This song pops into my head at least three times a day. I've been a Miss A fan for seven months now, and this was the second of their songs that I heard. Listening to it for the first time was when I knew that I was becoming a fan. It's so catchy, and the music video for it is also my favorite Miss A music video.
4. Black Magic by Little Mix. There's a huge danger of a list of my favorite songs becoming entirely Little Mix, but that accurately portrays my music listening habits if we're being honest. This also a big indicator or how much this list changes for me on a regular basis because this song is pretty new. It probably won't stay here forever, not because it's bad but because it can't out rank some other Little Mix favorites of mine, but it's definitely here at the moment. Over the post couple of months, I've definitely been listening to Black Magic more than any other song.
5. Girls Chase Boys by Ingrid Michaelson. This song has been on my favorites list for quite a while too actually, and I've been listening to it on an almost daily basis for what feels like at least a year. I really, really love it.
So that's my top five at this particular moment, but if I'd done this even an hour later it could have looked differently. My favorite songs really are so dependent on my particular mood whenever I'm asked. Like I said, Wings is the only one in a truly stable position on this list. It doesn't help that I've started shying away from ranking my favorite books and movies lately too. I used to have very clear cut lists of my favorites, but then I started feeling like I just liked too many things to limit myself to lists. That's probably truer for music than anything else.